It's easy to use essential oils, and if they are pure, it is somewhat hard to misuse them!
I have found that you're not likely to use them incorrectly.
Many of Us Enjoy Them Aromatically...
Diffusing is a favorite way to use essential oils and is probably the most commonly known. This method is done by breathing or smelling the oils. Have you ever walked into a spa and smelled the pleasing aroma? There are multiple ways you can use them aromatically.
- Use a cool-mist diffuser to diffuse the essential oils into your rooms.
- Add drops of your favorite essential oils to a cotton ball and place it in areas where you want to disperse the scent.
- Add a drop from the bottle into the palm of your hand, rub your palms together, then cup your hands around your mouth and nose and inhale.
We Also Use Them Topically
A lot of people like to use oils topically, and this use is one of the most popular. Usually, finding out how to use essential oils on the skin is what turns most people from casual oil users to avid users.
- Essential oils can be applied on the bottom of your feet, on the crown of your head, behind your ears, on the back of your neck, and/or to your temples. Keep in mind; some oils should be diluted, as per their directions.
- Use essential oils for a relaxing or invigorating massage.
- Use essential oils to help improve the appearance of healthy skin and hair when applied topically.
And, We Use Oils Internally
You can get the benefits of essential oils by ingesting them!
Yes, you read that right. Young Living offers a line of oils labeled explicitly for internal use.
Vitality™ Dietary essential oils were labeled to provide a clear distinction between oils for internal use and those for topical and aromatic use. They are the same pure, authentic essential oils but simply labeled differently, so there’s no confusion!
IMPORTANT: All oils are NOT created equally, and I would never use an oil internally that is not labeled for such.
- Adding a drop or two of your favorite Vitality™ oil to water throughout the day is a great way to stay hydrated.
- Put several drops of oil into a vegetable capsule and swallow with water.
- Place a drop directly on your tongue.
- Adding essential oils to recipes is a great way to add potent and unique flavors to your favorite foods.
Keep in mind that each of these ways has unique benefits.
Things That You Will Want to Know
Because they are quite potent, here are a few more pointers for using them. Remember, a little goes a long way!
- Less is more! You can always add another drop. When you start using them, start with less.
- Due to potency, some oils may be irritating to the skin. If irritation occurs, immediately apply V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex or pure vegetable oil to the affected area to dilute. Never use water, as it will just spread the oil further, as you may have heard water and oil just don't mix.
- Always read label directions for each oil before use.
- Do not put essential oils in the eyes, ears, nose, or other areas with sensitive skin.
WHAT IS A STARTER BUNDLE?
If you're new to using essential oils and would like to start out on the right path (avoiding unnecessary confusion), I highly recommend that you begin your journey with an Essential Oils Premium Starter Bundle. It's a TREMENDOUS VALUE for your money and takes the guesswork out. Look at these different Starter Bundles and see if one would be right for you.
Click here to see what Young Living says about essential oils safety.
A NEW LIFESTYLE
I'd love to welcome you to the world of Young Living. Here, you will find much more than essential oils—you’ll find a new lifestyle.
✅ I invite you to share your comments or ask me a question,
using the form at the bottom of this page.